Top 10 Most Popular Laptops for June 2012
Each month we compile data for the number of times a particular notebook is viewed on this site’s product pages to get an idea for what mainstream consumers are looking at and thinking about buying. Take a closer look at the notebooks that our visitors wanted to see the most during the month of June.
In that sense, think of this list as the “most clickable laptops of the month” … the notebooks that most of the people visiting this site are interested in learning about. Keep in mind that clicks directly on the “Most Viewed Laptops” list do not count toward the total - keeping the list as fair as possible each month. The only clicks that count toward the monthly totals come from web searches like Google or from visitors who have clicked on a laptop after visiting our “Notebook Database” or inside our forums.
The budget-friendly HP Pavilion g6 is holding onto the #1 position yet again with more than 16,000 page views for the month. The Dell Inspiron 15R made a surprise return to the Top 10 jumping all the way to second place thanks in part to recent deals at Dell.com and other retailers while Lenovo G570 held firm in third place.
1. HP Pavilion g6 (Still #1) - The Pavilion g6 is a budget-priced laptop that tries to balance great design, solid performance, and affordability. The Pavilion g6t series with 15.6-inch LED display features a range of available Intel Pentium and Core i series processors, Windows 7, multiple graphics options, and a 6-cell battery with more than four hours of HP Pavilion DV6 Battery Life while browsing the web.
2. Dell Inspiron 15R (Back in the Top 10) - The Dell Inspiron 15R multimedia notebook includes a 6-cell battery that was tested to last for a maximum of 4 hours of power. Consumers can choose to purchase the optional 9-cell Dell Inspiron 1525 Battery for longer mobile power. Hard drive can include up to 640GB of storage. Comes with a standard integrated graphics card or an optional ATi Radeon graphics card. Color choices include black, blue, pink or red.
3. Lenovo G570 (Previously #3) - The G570 is part of the budget-priced/general use G-Series line by Lenovo. Running on Windows 7 Home Premium on a 15.6-inch display (1366×768), the G570 has an Intel Core i5-2410M dual-core processor and up to 8GB of RAM. Choose from a 500GB capacity hard drive at 5400rpm or a 750GB capacity hard drive at 5400rpm. The graphics card included with the system is an Intel HD 3000 (integrated).
4. Acer Aspire Timeline Ultra M3 (Previously #2) - The Acer Aspire Timeline Ultra M3 is a 15.6-inch multimedia and gaming ultrabook. The Ultra M3 stands out because it’s the first ultrabook that packs a dedicated graphics card. Not only that, it is the first ultrabook on the market with the new NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M graphics. It can also support up to 6GB of RAM and a hybrid storage drive. It weighs in at 4.4 pounds and measures in at 14.8 x 10 x 0.79 inches.
|5. Asus Zenbook UX31 (Previously #4) - The Asus Zenbook UX31 is a 13.3-inch notebook with a 900p screen. It also comes with the option of a 11.6-inch screen. It was designed to compete with Apple’s MacBook Air because of its higher-end specifications in a slim form factor. You can customize this notebook with up to 4GB-1333 DDR3 RAM. It has a 50Whr polymer (non-removable) Asus A32-F5 Battery.|
|6. Lenovo ThinkPad X220 (Previously #6) - The 12.5-inch Lenovo ThinkPad X220 is an ultraportable business notebook that will soon replace the popular X201. The X220 comes built with the latest of the Intel Sandy Bridge processors (Core i3, i5 or i7), has a high-quality IPS display, and can deliver more than eight and a half hours of battery life. With the optional battery slice this system can deliver 18 and a half hours of mobile life. Choose up to 8GB of DDR3 RAM and a hard drive with up to 320GB of hard drive storage. Just keep in mind that the X220 is being replaced by the all new ThinkPad X230 in June.|
7. Alienware M14x (Back in the Top 10) - The Alienware M14x makes a return to our Top 10 list thanks to the recent announcement of the M14x R2(the second generation of the M14x). The updated M14x replaces the aging Nvidia GT 555M graphics with the new and improved Nvidia GeForce GT 650M with Optimus. Combine that with multiple storage options and Intel Ivy Bridge processors starting in June and you’ve got a decent portable gaming rig.
|8. Lenovo IdeaPad Y480 (New to the Top 10) - The new IdeaPad Y480 is a 14-inch multimedia notebook designed to give you a perfect balance between serious performance for work and multimedia power for play. Whether you’re editing HD video or playing video games this laptop has you covered.Equipped with a 3rd generation Intel Core i7 processor and NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE dedicated graphics, this laptop is available with either a traditional hard drive or hard drive and mSATA solid state drive (SSD).|
|9. HP Folio 13 (Previously #7) - The HP Folio 13 is a 13-inch ultrabook encased in aluminum. It has a thickness of 0.7 inches and is equipped with a second-gen Intel Core i5 processor and 128GB solid state drive. It weighs in at 3.3 pounds.|
|10. Dell XPS 15z (Previously #8) - The Dell XPS 15z is a 15-inch multimedia notebook with an ultra-thin metal chassis, an optional 1080p display and a backlit keyboard. The XPS 15z can be configured with a second-generation Intel Core i7 processor and Nvidia GeForce GT 525M dedicated graphics for serious multimedia performance. With a starting weight of just 5.5 pounds and an attractive metal exterior this is an interesting alternative to Apple’s MacBook Pro.|
Incoming search terms:
June 5, 2012 Tuesday at 2:26 am
Categories: aussiebattery.com, batteries-company.co.uk, batteries-company.com, batteries-company.com.au, Battery Resource, Laptop buying guide, laptop reviews, Technology Information Tags: 10 Most Popular Laptops 2012, 9-cell Dell Inspiron 1525 Battery, HP Pavilion DV6 Battery Life, HP Pavilion g6, Lenovo G570, Top 10 Laptops
2 Responses to “Top 10 Most Popular Laptops for June 2012”
- HP Slate 8 Windows 8 Business Tablet – A Future Mobile Accessory
- Toshiba Portege R700 high-end ultrabook Tech Review
- Top 10 Ways To Improve HTC Desire Battery Life and Performance
- Test HTC One X in video: Great camera, poor battery life
- Way to squeeze extra juice from your laptop battery
- Dell XPS 13 Could Steal Customers From Apple
- Sony Vaio E Series 14 laptop Unveiled
- HP laptop batteries
- iPhone 5
- Dell XPS Laptop Battery
- battery news
- Laptop Battery Review
- HP 484170-001 Batteries
- Dell Latitude D620 Battery
- HP 484170-001 laptop battery
- laptop buying guide
- Laptop Battery Life
- power laptop battery
- Dell vostro 1720 laptop battery
- notebook battery life
- improve dell laptop battery life
- HP pavilion dv5 laptop battery
- Apple a1175 laptop battery
- battery technology
- Acer as07b41 laptop battery
- HP probook 4510s battery