Sony Vaio YA Ultrabook Tech Review
Sony Vaio YA ultraportable notebook Executive Summary
- Good screen resolution
- Very compact 11.6″ screen size
- Only 1.46KG
- Fairly average battery life
- Intel Core i3 is a low-end CPU
- No CD/DVD drive
- Affordable ultraportability!
The Vaio YA is like the ultra-high-end Z series in terms of looks and weight (1.46KG), without the extreme top-of-the-line specifications. Like everything Sony, it also has an brain-numbing product name: YPCYA15FGB.
It’s a little smaller than the Z, at 11.6″ — about the smallest we’d recommend going for real productivity. However, the screen resolution is still good — 1366x768px.
Inside, there’s a dual-core Intel Core i3 processor — one of Intel’s lower-end processors, but still faster than any of the previous generation of Core 2 Duo processors, so a reasonably speedy chip nonetheless.
It only has a 320GB hard drive, which is on the small side by current standards, but still ample for a medium-sized library of music, movies, TV shows and photos.
Sony vgp-bps9a battery brand new 4400mAh Only AU $73.18
There’s an HDMI output for connection to hotel TVs, as well as a VGA port for meeting-room projectors — something the Vaio Z doesn’t have. There’s a webcam for Skype video chats as well as an SD camera memory card slot.
Sony says the Sony vgp-bps2b battery is good for four hours’ use. What it hasn’t announced yet — and we can’t check, since the Vaio YA isn’t quite on sale yet — is the thickness of the machine.
Online: not on Sony‘s website at the time of publication — due for release within the next two weeks.
Incoming search terms:
February 4, 2013 Monday at 9:30 am
Categories: aussiebattery.com, batteries-company.co.uk, batteries-company.com, batteries-company.com.au, Laptop buying guide, laptop reviews, Technology Information Tags: fairly average battery life, Sony notebook batteries, Sony Vaio YA Ultrabook, Sony vgp-bps2b battery, Sony vgp-bps9a battery, tech review sony ultrabook
3 Responses to “Sony Vaio YA Ultrabook Tech Review”
- HP Pavilion Laptops Get Ready to Go to School
- Windows 8 to make laptop battery life better
- Liquidmetal Concept Design iPhone 5
- Tech Review Lenovo ThinkPad X130e
- HP Slate 8 Windows 8 Business Tablet – A Future Mobile Accessory
- Toshiba Portege R700 high-end ultrabook Tech Review
- Top 10 Ways To Improve HTC Desire Battery Life and Performance
- HP laptop batteries
- iPhone 5
- Dell XPS Laptop Battery
- battery news
- Laptop Battery Review
- HP 484170-001 Batteries
- Dell Latitude D620 Battery
- HP 484170-001 laptop battery
- laptop buying guide
- Laptop Battery Life
- power laptop battery
- Dell vostro 1720 laptop battery
- notebook battery life
- improve dell laptop battery life
- HP pavilion dv5 laptop battery
- Apple a1175 laptop battery
- battery technology
- Acer as07b41 laptop battery
- HP probook 4510s battery