Reset HP 484170-001 Laptop Battery Instructions
How to reset HP 484170-001 Laptop Battery
Over time, a laptop’s charge time typically gets shorter. It is a good practice to fully discharge your laptop computer battery before you plug the charger in, but doing so is not always feasible. If your HP 484170-001 battery barely holds a charge, run a system battery gauge reset, which can lengthen the life of an old battery. The reset can take up to six hours, but it’s an automatic process once you initiate it, so you can leave the laptop while you go about other tasks.
1. Plug the power adapter into the HP 484170-001 laptop, start the computer and ensure the battery is connected. If the computer is already started, close all open programs.
2. Double-click the battery icon in the bottom right corner of the screen (Windows taskbar). The “Power Manager” window will appear. Alternatively, can click “Start,” “All Programs,” “Access IBM” and click “Power Manager.”
3. Select the “Battery Information” tab at the top of the window.
4. Click the “Perform Reset” button in the “Battery gauge reset” section, near the bottom of the window. The “Battery Gauge Reset” dialog box appears.
5. Click “Continue.” Allow the computer to perform the battery reset procedure, which requires fully charging, discharging, then recharging the battery.
|Acer aspire 5920 laptop battery||2.2Ah cells with 9 cell will have 6600mAh = 73Whr|
|Dell inspiron 1520 laptop battery||2.2Ah cells with 9 cell will have 6600mAh = 73Whr|
|Dell xps m1730 laptop battery||2.6Ah cells with 9 cell will have 7800mAh = 87Whr|
How to Choose a Replacement Laptop Battery:
When buying a laptop battery pack, you will probably only have one or two choices that fit your computer. Choose the HP probook 4510s laptop battery with the longest life available for your computer. There are several different kinds of cheap laptop batteries; because the technologies of each are very different, a laptop must be designed specifically for the type of battery it uses. Most laptops are only designed to use one type of battery technology.
What to Know Before Buying a Spare Laptop Battery Pack:
There are many laptop batteries manufacturers, and even more retailers to buy your laptop battery from. However, your biggest concern in purchasing a laptop battery will be to choose the battery that fits your computer. For this you will need to know the make and model number of your laptop; if you don’t know this offhand or don’t have the necessary paperwork, check the inside of your laptop’s battery compartment while the computer is off and unplugged. There you should find the model number, along with some other information. You may also find the part number of your laptop battery, located on the casing of the battery itself.
Laptop Battery Care Related Articles
Incoming search terms:
April 11, 2013 Thursday at 9:32 pm